iBase 2.0 & iBase Extender Kit iPod® Docking System
To permit you to fully enjoy your iPod & iTouch portable media player throughout your home, ADA offers the iBase 2.0 iPod docking system. While many docking systems exist, the iBase 2.0 (and iBase eXtender Kit) is a unique solution with several benefits. First, docking your iPod into the iBase 2.0 makes it possible to both listen to and control it from any room in the home when using ADA keypads with a display, ADA TS-5000 & TS-8611 touch screens as well as other touch screen systems. The keypads and touch screens will display the text information that you would otherwise see on the iPod, letting you surf your music, book collection, Podcasts, and videos from any room. The iBase 2.0 will display multiple lines of information and alphanumeric buttons advance you quickly through your iPod ... want to find ZZ Top, skip to the letter Z by pressing the "9" button instead of scrolling through the alphabet.
ADA engineered the iBase 2.0 to sound as good as an iPod can possibly get. Also, because the iBase 2.0 and iBase eXtender are addressable, several iBase systems can be deployed in a multi-room music system making it possible for everyone to dock and listen to their own iPod. Look Ma, no headphones...how about that.
The iBase 2.0 is all-metal and is solid enough to permit you to dock and un-dock your iPod with one hand. The plexiglass support can be set to glow a specific color when there is no iPod inserted and another color or color-organ mode when docked and playing. There is a push button on the iBase 2.0 that toggles it between control from keypads & touch screens or local control from the iPod's touch wheel or iTouch's touch screen. The iBase also features right & left audio outputs as well as a component or composite video output.
The iBase 2.0 connects to the iBase WP Wall Plate using a thin white RJ-50 cable. The iBase WP, flat-wire and iBase eXtender box are included with the iBase eXtender Kit. This kit makes it possible to locate the iBase 2.0 several hundred feet from the system mainframe as well as integrating the iBase 2.0 for control from keypads and touch screens. ADA suggests running both an 8 conductor Cat.-5 wire (for balanced audio, control & META data) in addition to an 18 Gauge 2-Conductor wire (for power). If there is only a Cat.-5 wire in place, the iBase 2.0 can be powered locally at either the iBase Wall Plate or iBase. Each iBase 2.0 that is integrated into the system requires its own iBase eXtender Kit.
For those who wish to mount their iPod in the equipment rack, ADA offers an iBase Rack Kit. It measures 7 inches tall (4 rack units) and can hold one iBase 2.0.A complete iPod system integration solution
- White tabletop iPod docking base
- iPod universal docking connector
- Audio, component or composite video output
- 8 maximum iBase 2.0 units per system
- Remote to Manual Control toggle pushbutton
- Color organ and fixed light modes pushbutton
- Requires iBase Extender Kit for integration
- 4.75"H x 6.25"W X 3.5"D
iBase eXtender Kit
- Kit includes iBase eXtender, Wall Plate, and iBase to Wall Plate flat wire.
iBase eXtender WP Wall Plate
- Single-gang wall plate with RJ-50 connector
- Front panel local DC power jack
- Phoenix screw terminal connector on rear of wall plate
- 8' RJ-50 flat interconnect cable
- Allow iBase to be connected with over 500' of CAT-5 cable
- With additional pair of wires, powers iBase from ADA Bus
- Superior audiophile balanced audio over CAT 5
- 2.25"H x 3.5"W x 5"D
iBase Rack Mount Kit
- 4U mounting kit for iBase
- All aluminum with black anodized finish
- iBase rack mount kit can be retrofitted to existing iBases
- 7"H x 19"W x 7"D
- For multi-room systems
- Suite 8000 Multi-Room Receivers
- SWAN - Structured Wiring Audio Network
- Suite 8x8 Luxury 8 Source/8 Zone System
- Suite 16 Luxury 16 Source/16-96 Zone AV System
- Omega CB Flag Ship Digital Audio, HD Video & 7.1 System
- For indoor keypads, touch screens & all weather outdoor controls
- Touch Screens & Keypads
- For telephone, music-server, infrared control & other multi-room devices
- Multi-Room Accessories
- For other multi-room source components by ADA
- Tuners, iPods, & Media Servers
- Additional Links
- Product Cut Sheet
- Featured Review
- News & Reviews
Audio Design Associates, Inc. make available forms & documents which are available for download. These forms & documents are in Adobe® PDF (portable document file) format. In order to view these forms & documents, you must have Adobe® Acrobat® 7 Reader. If you don't have the reader, you can download it for free from Adobe® by clicking here or on the "Get Acrobat® Reader" icon below.