PTM-5150 & PTM-7150 - 5 & 7 Channel Whisper Quite Luxury Power Amplifier
The PTM-7150 and PTM-5150 are specifically designed to provide incredible power to a home cinema. Utilizing a chassis whose size is only two rack-units larger than the sister PTM-8150 and PTM-6150 power amplifiers, the PTM-7150 and PTM-5150 provide similar all high-current power while running on a special low-noise fan cooling system that makes these power amplifiers among the most silent fan-cooled high-current power amplifiers on the market.
The PTM-5150 and PTM-7150 feature both unbalanced and balanced inputs as well as gold-plated five-way binding post output terminals. The amplifiers incorporate a low-voltage turn-on trigger and the front panel LED power display can be turned off in the event the light is bothersome.
The first 50 Watts per channel of the PTM-5150 and PTM-7150 output as Class A power and then the amplifiers switch to the Class A/B output. The amplifiers utilize an all MOSFET output transistor design with a 1500 Watt custom made low-noise power torroid and 250,000 micro-Farads of capacitance. To maintain thermal integrity, the PTM-7150 and PTM-5150 feature an special wind-chamber in which the fans are mounted, forcing air upward into the vertically mounted heat-sinks and then dispensing the air either through the cover vents or upper side and rear vents making the fans nearly inaudible.
- 7 Channel Power Amplifier
- 150 Watts Per Channel @ 8 Ohms
- 250 Watts Per Channel @ 4 Ohms
- 2 Ohm Minimum Safe Impedance
- 0.01% Total Harmonic Distortion @ 8 Ohms
- Low Voltage Triggers
- 5U Fan Cooled Chassis
- Torroidal Power Transformer
- 1200 Watts Maximum Power Consumption
- 2048 BTU's/Hr Thermal Dissipation
- 115 VAC Fuse Value 10A Slow Blow
- 230 VAC Fuse Value 5A Slow Blow
- 85 lbs. 8.75"H x 19"W x 16.5"D
- For home theater preamplification
- Home Theater Preamps/Controllers
- For mulit-room switching and preamplification
- Whole-House Preamplifiers
- For home theater room correction
- TEQ Trinnov Based EQ Room Correction Optimizer
- Additional Links
- Product Cut Sheet
- Featured Review
- News and Reviews
Audio Design Associates, Inc. make available forms & documents which are available for download. These forms & documents are in Adobe® PDF (portable document file) format. In order to view these forms & documents, you must have Adobe® Acrobat® 7 Reader. If you don't have the reader, you can download it for free from Adobe® by clicking here or on the "Get Acrobat® Reader" icon below.